Provided that they are in the final year of high school or they are high-school graduates;
- Who are foreign nationals,
- Those who are Turkish citizens by birth and hold the permission from the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Turkey to cease to be a Turkish citizen, and their underage children who are registered on these people’s expatriation document and provide evidence of ownership of the document issued in accordance with the Turkish Citizenship Law on the Exercise of The Legal Rights (According to Turkish Citizenship Law, those who were born in Turkey or abroad from Turkish national mother and father within a conjugal union are Turkish citizens by birth. Therefore, Turkish nationals who are going to apply from abroad are recommended to read the aforementioned law),
- Dual citizens being foreign national at birth and became citizens of the Republic of Turkey later,
- Those who are Turkish citizens and continued their secondary education abroad before 01/02/2013 and completed the last three years of their secondary education (high school) in a foreign country except TRNC (including those who completed the secondary school (high school) in the Turkish schools that were established in the care of MNE in a foreign country except TRNC),
- Who started the secondary education after 01/02/2013 and completed the whole secondary education (high school) in a foreign country except TRNC (including those who completed the whole secondary education (high school) in the Turkish schools that were established in the care of MNE in a foreign country except TRNC)
- Those who are nationals of TRNC and reside in TRNC, and completed the secondary education in TRNC and have GCE AL exam results,
- TRNC nationals, who enrolled in a college or high school in other countries between 2005 and 2010, and have GCE AL exam results or will be holders of it,
- Those who are Turkish citizens and completed the whole secondary education in Turkey or in TRNC (except those who completed the whole secondary education in a foreign country other than TRNC),
- Those who are TRNC citizens (except those who completed the whole secondary education in TRNC and have GCE AL exam results),
- Those who are dual citizens, who are originally Turkish citizens by birth, described in the subclause b of the first clause of the Article 5 (except those who completed the whole secondary education in a foreign country other than TRNC and those who completed the whole secondary education in the Turkish schools in a foreign country other than TRNC),
- Those who are dual citizens, one of his/her citizenship is TRNC citizenship (except those who completed the whole secondary education in TRNC high schools and have GCE AL exam results and those who have or will have GCE AL exam results by enrolling and training in colleges and high schools in other countries between 2005 and 2010),
- Those who are Turkish citizens or dual citizens, who are originally Turkish citizens by birth, described in the subclause b of the first clause of the Article 5 and received education within the schools of Embassies in Turkey and in the foreign high schools in Turkey.
can not apply.
NOTE: Pursuant to the Principles Regarding the Admission of Students from Abroad, for the applicants who have the opportunity to apply for admission quotas from abroad;
- Blue Card holders,
- Turkish students who studied abroad (Except for TRNC),
- Those who have two citizenships, one of them being Turkish
the following programs will accept students up to 10% of the main quota of the programs;
The quota of Medicine Department: 90
Quota amended basing the criteria above: 9 (%10)
For detailed information:
SELECTION AND EVALUATION PROCEDURES
The selection process is based on the scores from the exams listed below.
|USA||American College Testing (ACT)||At least 21|
|Germany||Abitur||At least 4|
|Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Netherlands, Hungary, Nigeria, Somalia, Russia, Moldova, Azerbaijan, Mongolia, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan||High School Diploma||Evaluated by the university|
|China||Gaokao||At least 480|
|Indonesia||Ujian Nasional||At least 60|
|France||Baccalaureat Francais||At least 12|
|Iranian||Diplome Debirestan / Pişdaneşgahi||At least 12|
|Kenya||Certificate Of Secondary Education||At least 45|
|Lebanon||Baccalaureate Libanais||At least 14 in science|
|Syria||Al-Sahada-Al Tahanawiyya||180 for science /170 for other areas|
|Turkey||Foreign Student Examination (YÖS)||Evaluated by the university|
|International||SAT||At least 1000|
Out of 5 Courses;
2 A levels + 3 0 levels (GCSE) ( At least D)
Out of 4 Courses;
3 A levels + 1 GCSE (0 level)
|International||International Baccalaureate (IB)||At least 28|
|International||International Science Olympic Medals||Applicants who hold the TUBITAK's Science Olympics Medal will be accepted|
|Jordan/Palestine||Tawjihi||At least 80 in Science|
*The candidates taking at least 50 from the Qualification Test of Istinye University.
Applications are made by filling out the online application form on our website.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR APPLICATION
Candidates are required to scan the documents listed below and upload them through the application form.
Required Documents for Undergraduate Admissions;
- Application Form
- English/Turkish Translation of High School Diploma
- Certificate of Equivalence (It is requested during exact registration.) (Proof of equivalency can be provided from Turkish Embassies in the home country or Provincial Department of Education, Istanbul.)
- English/Turkish Translation of Transcript (Transcript of Records)
- National-International Examination Result (If the student will not apply with her/his High School Diploma)
- Copy of ID in Passport
- 1 Passport Size Photo
- For the departments which have Turkish Medium of Instruction; TÖMER Certificate which is awarded by Universities (B2, If available)
- For the departments which have English Medium of Instruction; IELTS Academic 6.5 (Writing Score must be 6.5) or 85 in TOEFL IBT (Writing Score must be 25).
- An approved copy of exam results of SAT I, ACT, GCE, etc. or another national or international examination (If available)
Required Documents for Graduate Admissions;
- Bachelor’s Degree (Translated to Turkish or English)
- Transcript (Translated to Turkish or English)
- Certificate of Equivalence or Certificate of Recognition
*Certificate of Recognition is requested from candidates who apply for graduate programs in Social Sciences and it will be provided by our university. Candidates who apply for graduate programs in the healthcare field need to get a Certificate of Equivalence from the Council of Higher Education.
- Turkish Proficiency Certificate (C1)
- 1 Passport-size Photographs
- Residence Permit (If Available)
EVALUATION OF APPLICATIONS
Evaluation of the applications and placement of candidates are made by the International Student Acceptance Committee of Istinye University.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF RESULTS
The result of the application is notified to the applicants via the e-mail address written on the application form.
A “Conditional Acceptance Letter” is sent to the candidates who meet the required criteria by the International Programs Directorate of İstinye University.
In the light of the information written on the Conditional Acceptance Letter, “Official Acceptance Letter” is sent to the applicants who paid their pre-registration fee and the applicants are expected to come to the related department of the university within the announced registration dates and complete their registration process.
*Pre-registration fees paid by students who do not come to complete the registration process within the calendar announced by the university are not refundable.
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION
The medium of instruction at our university is Turkish and English.
Turkish level of foreign students will be determined according to the result of an exam made by a center, which is authorized by the Ministry of National Education among centers (TÖMER etc.) providing education in Turkish, or a jury that will be established by the University Senate. One year additional time is granted to students, whose Turkish language levels are not seen sufficient. The students, who document that they have been successful in the University providing Turkish course or in the courses taught by the above-mentioned centers, start their education.
Students who are admitted to programs taught in English can either take the English Proficiency Exam which will be held by our university, or can be exempt from English Preparatory Program provided that they have scored 6.5 in IELTS Academic (Writing Score must be 6.5) or 85 in TOEFL IBT (Writing Score must be 25).
The following documents are requested during the enrollment:
- The original copy of the high school diploma and its English or Turkish copy approved by a Turkish representative office,
- The "Certificate of Equivalence" that demonstrates the high school diploma is equal to diplomas taken from Turkish high schools, which was taken from the Turkish Embassy or Consulate in their countries or from the Ministry of National Education of Turkish Republic or provincial directorates of the Ministry of National Education,
- The original copy of Exam Result Document and its English or Turkish copy approved by a TR representation office,
- The bank receipt showing the tuition was deposited (the Board of Trustees determines the tuition every year),
- Student visa taken from the representation offices of Turkish Republic in their countries,
- Passport or identification card, the original copy of them if they are in Turkish or English; Turkish or English translated copy of the page showing identification information that was approved by a public notary or consulate,
- 6 passport photo,
*Foreign students are required to take "Residence Permit" from Istanbul Immigration Authority of Ministry of Interior.