Provided that they are in the final year of high school or they are high-school graduates;
- Who are foreign nationals,
- Who were Turkish citizens by birth but got permission from the Ministry of the Interior to be out of Turkish citizenship and their minors registered in the Turkish Nationality Out of Citizenship Document, if only they evidence that they have a Certificate of Use of the Recognized Rights under the Turkish Citizenship Act,
- Dual citizens being foreign national at birth and became citizens of the Republic of Turkey later,
- Those who are Turkish citizens and continued their secondary education abroad before 01/02/2013 and completed the last three years of their secondary education (high school) in a foreign country except TRNC (including those who completed the secondary school (high school) in the Turkish schools that were established in the care of MNE in a foreign country except TRNC),
- Who started the secondary education after 01/02/2013 and completed the whole secondary education (high school) in a foreign country except TRNC (including those who completed the whole secondary education (high school) in the Turkish schools that were established in the care of MNE in a foreign country except TRNC)
- Those who are nationals of TRNC and reside in TRNC, and completed the secondary education in TRNC and have GCE AL exam results,
- TRNC nationals, who enrolled in a college or high school in other countries between 2005 and 2010, and have GCE AL exam results or will be holders of it,
- Those who are Turkish citizens and completed the whole secondary education in Turkey or in TRNC (except those who completed the whole secondary education in a foreign country other than TRNC),
- Those who are TRNC citizens (except those who completed the whole secondary education in TRNC and have GCE AL exam results),
- Those who are dual citizens, who are originally Turkish citizens by birth, described in the subclause b of the first clause of the Article 5 (except those who completed the whole secondary education in a foreign country other than TRNC and those who completed the whole secondary education in the Turkish schools in a foreign country other than TRNC),
- Those who are dual citizens, one of his/her citizenship is TRNC citizenship (except those who completed the whole secondary education in TRNC high schools and have GCE AL exam results and those who have or will have GCE AL exam results by enrolling and training in colleges and high schools in other countries between 2005 and 2010),
- Those who are Turkish citizens or dual citizens, who are orignially Turkish citizens by birth, described in the subclause b of the first clause of the Article 5 and received education within the schools of Embassies in Turkey and in the foreign high schools in Turkey.
Can not apply.
SELECTION AND EVALUATION PROCEDURES
The selection process is based on the scores from the exams listed below.
|USA||American College Testing (ACT)||At least 21|
|Germany||Abitur||At least 4|
|Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Netherlands, Hungary, Nigeria, Somalia, Russia, Moldova, Azerbaijan, Mongolia, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan||High School Diploma||Evaluated by the university|
|China||Gaokao||At least 480|
|Indonesia||Ujian Nasional||At least 60|
|France||Baccalaureat Francais||At least 12|
|Iranian||Diplome Debirestan / Pişdaneşgahi||At least 12|
|Kenya||Certificate Of Secondary Education||At least 45|
|Lebanon||Baccalaureate Libanais||At least 14 in science|
|Syria||Al-Sahada-Al Tahanawiyya||180 for science /170 for other areas|
|Turkey||Foreign Student Examination (YÖS)||Evaluated by the university|
|International||SAT||At least 1000|
|International||GCE||At least 2 courses A Level|
|International||International Baccalaureate (IB)||At least 28|
|International||International Science Olympic Medals||Applicants who hold the TUBITAK's Science Olympics Medal will be accepted|
|Jordan/Palestine||Tawjihi||At least 80 in Science|
*The candidates taking at least 50 from the Qualification Test of Istinye University.
Applications are made to the International Programs Directorate of our university via mail, e-mail or in person by filling-up an application form along with other required documents.
Address: Maltepe Mahallesi Edirne Çırpıcı Yolu No.9 Zeytinburnu/ISTANBUL
Application Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR APPLICATION
The candidates should send enumerated documents online:
- Application Form
- The English or Turkish translation of high school diploma (The original copy of high school diploma and the "Certificate of Equivalence" that demonstrates the high school diploma is equal to the diplomas taken from Turkish high schools),
- Transcript (It is an English or Turkish document demonstrating the taken courses of the candidate and their grades in high school that is approved by the school management, if it is not Turkish or English, it should be translated into one of those languages and confirmed by a public notary or consulate),
- Turkish or English translated copy of the page of the passport or identification document showing the identification information,
- 1 passport photo,
- An approved copy of exam results of SAT I, ACT, GCE etc. or another national or international examination (If there is)
EVALUATION OF APPLICATIONS
Evaluation of the applications and placement of candidates are made by the Student Acceptance Committee of Istinye University.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF RESULTS
Application results are announced in the Internet address of the university and they are notified to candidates in writing.
An "Acceptance Letter" is sent to eligible applicants by the International Programs Directorate of Istinye University. The candidates are required to take visa from the representation offices of Turkish Republic in their countries along with "Acceptance Letter" and other required documents.
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION
The medium of instruction at our university is Turkish and English.
Turkish level of foreign students will be determined according to the result of an exam made by a center, which is authorized by the Ministry of National Education among centers (TÖMER etc.) providing education in Turkish, or a jury that will be established by the University Senate. One year additional time is granted to students, whose Turkish language levels are not seen sufficient. The students, who document that they have been successful in the University providing Turkish course or in the courses taught by the above-mentioned centers, start their education.
Students who are admitted to programs taught in English can either take the English Proficiency Exam which will be held by our university, or can be exempt from English Preparatory Program provided that they have scored 6.5 in IELTS Academic (Writing Score must be 6.5) or 85 in TOEFL IBT (Writing Score must be 25).
The following documents are requested during the enrollment:
- The original copy of the high school diploma and its English or Turkish copy approved by a Turkish representative office,
- The "Certificate of Equivalence" that demonstrates the high school diploma is equal to diplomas taken from Turkish high schools, which was taken from the Turkish Embassy or Consulate in their countries or from the Ministry of National Education of Turkish Republic or provincial directorates of the Ministry of National Education,
- The original copy of Exam Result Document and its English or Turkish copy approved by a TR representation office,
- The bank receipt showing the tuition was deposited (the Board of Trustees determines the tuition every year),
- Student visa taken from the representation offices of Turkish Republic in their countries,
- Passport or identification card, the original copy of them if they are in Turkish or English; Turkish or English translated copy of the page showing identification information that was approved by a public notary or consulate,
- 6 passport photo,
*Foreign students are required to take "Residence Permit" from Istanbul Immigration Authority of Ministry of Interior.